I wanted to finish this blog series on a high, and so, anticipating the questions people might ask, I’ve been contemplating the highlights. Seeing friends is always going to top these lists – spending time with people we so rarely get to see – so I’ve eliminated them from the equation. But to my English, Scottish and expat Aussie friends, know that you were our highlight!
1. Pasta at Rossopomodoro on our first night in Venice. Unbelievably creamy, ridiculously tasty whipped buffalo ricotta concoction on fresh made pasta. At the time I said it was the best meal I’d ever eaten. I stand by that.
2. Cioppino at Sotto Mare, North Beach California, sitting up at the counter, with wine, feeling so alive only four days into our holiday.
Places to which I’ll definitely return (in no particular order)
1. Discovering the former Australian Embassy building in Washington DC, where my grandmother first worked.
2. Recently arrived in Rome, dusk, sitting at a cafe in Piazza della Rotonda, looking out at the Pantheon, glass of white wine, nowhere to be in any hurry.
3. Standing in the Neumarkt in Dresden surrounded by the Christmas markets.
4. Driving through the deep snow north west of Reykjavik, unable to see anything at all – a complete white out.
5. The Art Institute of Chicago.
Most amazing sights
1. Gullfoss waterfall, Iceland.
2. Autumn leaves, Scotland.
3. Chicago buildings.
Funniest shrieking with laughter moments (sorry, for these you had to be there so are to remind me, but I’m happy to tell the stories if asked).
1. Don buying a jacket in Macy’s New York.
2. Ruth hanging her last Christmas decoration on the thermostat.
I could add to all of these lists, because of course the whole trip has been the most amazing, eye-opening, brilliant and fun experience for both of us. And I have loved sharing all of this with you via the blog. Thanks so much for reading, and for all of your lovely comments.
Now, to start planning the next adventure…..
2 thoughts on “Highlights”
Oh nooooo, don’t be the last one. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
I have absolutely loved your blog Angela with your brilliant writing style. It was like sharing all the parts of the trip with you both and what a trip it was. Just wonderful in every way. Thank you for sharing with us.